For more information or to book your adventure, click here.

Friday 10 April 2015

Beach Lifeguard Course - 6th - 10th April 2015









This week I have been a student on the RLSS Beach Lifeguard course delivered by Gwilym from Wet and High Adventures. 
The five day course covers all aspects of becoming a beach lifeguard. Time was spent in the swimming pool, in the sea and in the classroom. The weather was great which made getting into the 11 degree sea a bit more bearable.
I am not planing on working for the RNLI as a beach lifeguard but using this qualification to give me the appropriate knowledge of looking after people in the sea environment when delivering coasteering.
I must admit I was a little worried about the timed pool swim but I managed to get the 400m done in 7 minutes 54, 6 seconds under the maximum time. Once tis was out of the way I settled into the rest of the assessment and enjoyed it. 
All six candidates passed, so a clean sweep for Gwilym. Thanks to Tim for assessing us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment