For more information or to book your adventure, click here.

Friday 13 April 2012

A Few days off in the Peak District






Over the last few days I have been making some use of a few days off to go somewhere new. I chose to head up to the Peak District, The UK's first National Park which sits on the border of Cheshire and Derbyshire.

The first day I decided to go for a short walk along the ridge from Mam Tor to Lose Hill via Holling's cross and returned through Castleton and the stunning Winnats Pass. By the time I got back to the van the weather had improved so I decided to head across to Stanage Edge for a little look. It's easy to see why this place is so famous amongst the climbing community, 6 miles from the centre of Sheffield lies at least two miles of single pitch gritstone. I'll definitely be back with my climbing gear in the near future.

On day two I headed for Edale. I made my way up to the trig point at Kinder Low on the Kinder Scout Plateaux via Jacob's ladder and Edale Rocks. I made a decision not to go to the summit which is only 3 metres higher as it is some 500 metres further across the plateaux but would've taken an hour to negotiate all the peat trenches which were extremely boggy due to the previous few days weather.
From Kinder Low I headed south along the ridge to Brown Knoll and then the saddle above Dalehead before descending down chapel gate track to Barber Booth and back to the van.

Friday was spent in Manchester  seeing friends before picking my folks up from Manchester Airport early saturday morning to be back in Taunton by 12.00pm to run a raft building session.

I will go back to the Peak District in the near future armed with both my climbing kit and the mountain bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment