For more information or to book your adventure, click here.

Saturday 17 December 2011

Exmoor Canoe Club Christmas Paddle





The annual Exmoor Canoe Club christmas paddle on the River Barle was todays choice of activity. A fine selection of Exmoor paddlers were on show for the chilly December morning outing. After an Icy drive down to the get in we were on the water by 10 am. Gwilym and I thought we'd bring a little christmas cheer by dressing up as Santa (me) and Rudolph (gwilym). Santa even made an appearance on the River Barle webcam at 12 pm! The river was at a great level after some snow melt and overnight rain! It's been a while since I've taken my open canoe on the river and I realised just how inefficient I've become, more open boating for me I think!!!

Thanks to all the guys at Exmoor Canoe Club for a great day out, looking forward to out next outing on the west country rivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment